- Year-over-year third quarter revenue increased 20% to $14,813,000.
- Year-over-year third quarter operating profit increased 42% to $905,000.
- Board declares fourteenth consecutive quarterly dividend of 2.0 cents.
Toronto, Ontario– July 9, 2015 – Retained executive search firm The Caldwell Partners International Inc. (TSX: CWL) today issued its financial results for the fiscal 2015 third quarter ended May 31, 2015. All references to quarters or years are for the fiscal periods unless otherwise noted and all currency amounts are in Canadian dollars.
Financial Highlights (in $000s except per share amounts)
*Months Ended May 31
|Three Months Ended May 31||Nine Months Ended May 31|
|Net earnings before tax||$939||$639||$1,781||$1,102|
|Earnings per share||$0.036||$0.030||$0.062||$0.057|
*Months Ended May 31
“We are very pleased with our team’s performance this past quarter,” said John N. Wallace, chief executive officer. “These results represent the ninth consecutive quarter of year-over-year growth for Caldwell Partners, and we believe it is a result of our single-minded focus on improving both the level of service we provide our clients, and the long-term value we deliver to our shareholders.”
Wallace continued: “We have built an incredible team of partners and support staff – each renowned in their space for the depth of their knowledge, the breadth of their experience and the level of care with which they treat our clients. We will continue to expand our partner teams and our physical footprint where it allows us to strengthen the services we are able to provide to our clients on a global basis. The recent additions of Christopher Coe, Andrew Duncan, and their supporting teams in London are clear evidence of this ongoing strategy, as they add significant depth to our life sciences and financial services practices, respectively.”
The Board of Directors today also declared the payment of a quarterly dividend of 2.0 cents per Common Share payable September 14, 2015 to shareholders of record on July 20, 2015.
Financial Overview (all numbers expressed in $000s)
- Fiscal 2015 third quarter operating revenue increased by 20% (11% excluding a 9% variance from exchange rate fluctuations) over the comparable period last year to $14,813 (2014: $12,359).
- US revenues increased 15% (2% excluding a 13% favourable variance from exchange rate fluctuations) to $10,398, driven primarily by an increase in the average number of search partners and higher average fees partially offset by slightly lower search volumes during the current year.
- Canadian revenues increased 29% to $4,218 with higher fees more than offsetting the lower average number of search partners and slight decrease in search volumes.
- Revenues from the Europe operations were $197.
- Year to date revenue increased 23% (15% excluding an 8% variance from exchange rate fluctuations) over the prior year to $39,123 (2014: $31,855)
- For the third quarter, higher year-over-year revenues ($2,455) partially offset by the related higher cost of sales ($1,532) and expenses ($650) resulted in operating profit of $905 in the third quarter of fiscal 2015, an increase of $272 from $633 in the third quarter of fiscal 2015.
- Year to date, higher year-over-year revenues ($7,268) partially offset by the related higher cost of sales ($4,942) and expenses ($1,694) resulted in the net increase of $632 to operating profit of $1,723 in the first three-quarters of fiscal 2015, up from $1,091 in the first three-quarters of fiscal 2014.
- The third quarter net earnings were $768 ($0.036 per share) in fiscal 2015, as compared to $639 ($0.030 per share) in the comparable period a year earlier.
- Year to date net earnings were $1,326 ($0.062 per share) in fiscal 2015, as compared to $1,075 ($0.057 per share) in the comparable period a year earlier.
For a complete discussion of the quarterly financial results, please see the company’s Management Discussion and Analysis posted on SEDAR at www.sedar.com
About Caldwell Partners
Caldwell Partners is a leading international provider of executive search and has been for more than 40 years. As one of the world’s most trusted advisors in executive search, the firm has a sterling reputation built on successful searches for boards, chief and senior executives, and selected functional experts. With offices and partners across North America and in London, the firm takes pride in delivering an unmatched level of service and expertise to its clients. Caldwell Partners’ Common shares are listed on The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: CWL). Please visit our website at www.caldwellpartners.com for further information.
Forward-looking statements in this document are based on current expectations that are subject to significant risks and uncertainties. Actual results might differ materially due to various factors such as the competitive nature of the executive search industry, the ability of the company to execute its growth strategies, the performance of the Canadian domestic and international economies, and the company’s ability to retain key personnel. The Caldwell Partners assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those reflected in the forward-looking statements.
For further information, please contact:
Investors & Analysts:
Chris Beck, CPA, Chief Financial Officer
The Caldwell Partners International
+1 617 934 1843
Caroline Lomot, Director of Marketing
The Caldwell Partners International
+1 516 830 3535