Diversity and Inclusion impacts results
Countless studies and statistics have been published showing the positive impact that diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace have with respect to performance, creativity and innovation and superior financial results. Yet, even in this age of increased awareness of diversity issues, not all companies know how to approach diversity and inclusion programs effectively.
There is also a shortage of executives with real-world experience leading initiatives in this rapidly-evolving space. In a recent survey of chief diversity officers (CDOs) published in Hunt Scanlon Media:
• 53% reported being in their first job as a chief diversity officer.
• 62% said they were the first person to hold the role at their company.
• 84% reported that there was no strategic plan in place when they began.
Add to that the shifting perspectives on the definition of diversity itself, and it’s easy to see why so many companies are seeking strategic support on their D&I programs.
We fully understand the transformative power of great talent, and its ability to turn potential into success. To meet this growing need for experience and advice, we have created Caldwell Advisory Councils, a solution that partners exceptional advisors from our broad network of executives with client companies looking for strategic support.
Our councils can help deliver long-term value by providing strategic insight, external accountability, and expert guidance in developing strategy and programs, and aligning goals, people and processes.
What are D&I advisory councils?
We leverage our relationships with established sitting executives and renowned thought leaders to deliver you a bespoke council group tailored to your unique culture and goals. We combine multiple advisors as appropriate with complementary niche expertise to deliver evolving solutions. New and relevant advisors are rotated on your council as your program grows and needs change encompassing:
- D&I strategy and implementation guidance
- Organizational design
- Talent Acquisition
- Workplace advancement programs
- Employee/Business Resource Groups (ERGs/BRGs)
- Global workforce and public policy
- Coaching and mentoring (CDO/CHRO/Management)
- Legal landscape and advice
- Training programs
Councils are created across our entire network, so are tailored to your specific industry, size and current D&I program maturity:
- Companies start at the top where D&I support matters most with public board/private owner education sessions.
- PE/VC companies leverage your council’s flexibility for benefits at both the fund level and within your portfolio of companies.
The D&I business connection
Diversity and inclusion’s greatest value comes when it is embraced not only as a set of human resource initiatives, but also as a holistic business program. Linking your strategy to include business and financial management leaders and influencers creates this connection to ultimately deliver increased performance and financial value. Your D&I council can guide you.