Over the last 4-5 years, the market has embraced the cyber risk wake-up call and made significant progress. Boards and C-level executives now understand the new reality and dangers from our increasingly connected world. However, the problem is far from solved. Demand still far outweighs supply for talented next generation cyber leaders, and the cyber bad actors keep “moving the goal posts” with advanced cyber threats.
Companies searching for cyber leaders often find overpriced and underqualified candidates. Even when they are willing to play the bubble-market game, they are often left at the altar by candidates receiving never-before-seen counter offers or competitive bids from the countless other searches in play. Companies are now considering Plan B options and seeking step-up candidates or repurposing trusted executives open to a career change into cyber security.
Given this new trend, Caldwell is recommending a cyber advisory board strategy. Through this solution, companies can cost effectively obtain the level of expertise they require and quickly get to industry best practices. Caldwell has established relationships with more than 100 of the industry’s greatest thought leaders qualified to be strategic cyber advisers to almost any company.
WHAT IS A CYBER ADVISORY BOARD?
A cyber advisory board will:
Mentor your CISO
- Leadership/executive coaching for C-suite maturity
- Trusted peer-to-peer sounding board
- Help develop cutting edge strategies and road maps
Educate your board and C-level executives
- Current and future trends—Share proven industry best practices and metrics for success.
- Give them the confidence they are on the right track.
Cyber breach response
- Communications and litigation assistance
- Best practices relating to responding to a cyber incident