The Research Analyst reports to the Head of Technology Practice and supports the Technology team of Associates and Consultants.
The Research Analyst role is designed to support the search process with a focus on the early stages of a search: setting search strategies, market mapping, building target lists, conducting original research to identify potential candidates and networking contacts, lead market intelligence projects and preparation of pitch decks.
Best-in-Class Recruiting Processes
- Participate in team progress meetings, typically via the telephone.
- Develop thorough research to navigate key company and industry sectors to build target company lists (based on industry, geography, and other relevant criteria) and accurate target candidate lists (based on desired skills and experiences).
- Effectively utilize various research databases – both internal and external – to retrieve information on potential candidates, sources, and target companies/organizations.
Internal Team and Project Management
- Utilize Caldwell’s search database (Thrive) to input and retrieve data and to track search progress.
- Provide direction and information to the Project Coordinator throughout the search process.
- Regularly update Partners on research progress, raising concerns from market response or feedback if necessary.
- Keep abreast of various research resources that could enhance the effectiveness of the research process and delivery.
- Inform colleagues of trends and developments within a particular company, geography or sector and track market changes that could impact business development, client relationships or search outcomes.
The successful candidate must embrace Caldwell’s core values of service excellence, integrity, teamwork, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, and fun with the ability to demonstrate these values positively and proactively to clients, teammates, management and candidates in everyday performance and interactions.
Background & Experience
- 2-4 years of research experience is strongly preferred from a research-infused environment in the B2B space
- Experience sourcing for VC-backed technology companies preferred but not required
- Solid business acumen and an ability to quickly learn new industries, functions and markets
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (Business/Commerce, Human Resources)
Style & Characteristics
- Technologically adept, with a high degree of proficiency utilizing software programs and research tools to complete one’s work (Microsoft Office, Thrive, Internet/Research Tools, Private Market databases such as PitchBook, CapIQ, BoardEx, etc.)
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Analytical, creative problem solver with the ability to develop unique solutions to each search challenge
- A process thinker who is diligent, persistent and thorough in the execution of the work but can demonstrate flexibility when necessary to meet changing demands
- Strong attention to detail
- Client focused: consistently executes one’s work and collaborates with team to ensure client satisfaction; exhibits a passion for client service
- Team oriented, with an ability to positively contribute to a highly collaborative environment; accepts input and sharing of ideas to achieve common goals
- Takes accountability for decisions and conducts him/herself in a respectful, ethical and professional manner that represents the company’s interests and standards
- Strong multi-tasking skills and an ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to successfully persevere and succeed in the face of adversity
- Self-directed working style with a high degree of proactivity and ownership of one’s work
- Desire to learn, grow and improve one’s performance