The Project Coordinator reports to the Partner(s) they primarily team with, as well as to the local Office Managing Partner.
- Work proactively, anticipating needs, in order to leverage Partners’, Consultants’ and Associates’ time and enhance own knowledge and understanding of the search business.
- Assist each member of the internal search team to maximize their productivity and efficiency.
- Manage and complete each search phase in order to meet service obligations to internal clients (Partners, Consultants, Associates, Accounting).
- Schedule and organize key events in the search process and ensure that external clients (clients and candidates) are informed and satisfied.
- Be punctual and present when needed in order to meet expectations of internal and external clients — do what it takes to get the job done.
- Produce documentation of the highest quality (attention to detail, adherence to standards) in order to uphold the firm’s standards and reputation.
- Prepare, compile, proofread and distribute correspondence and presentation materials to all parties at each of the appropriate milestones in the search project cycle.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technological proficiency (computer programs, phones and voicemail, videoconferencing, etc.) in order to heighten productivity and manage time well.
- Approach work pragmatically and positively, taking on more when asked to, in order to manage a heavy deadline-driven workload with a focus on client service.
- Work quickly in order to meet client and team commitments (consider volume of work completed; speed of output and completion, ability to work to tight, multiple deadlines).
- Provide accurate and up-to-date tracking of search projects using the online project management system (Thrive) as well as maintenance of the physical project master file.
- Build relationships with clients and candidates
- Provide hospitality and office services to clients, candidates, and out-of-town Partners in order to achieve the highest levels of service.
- Respond to candidate and client calls with professionalism and diplomacy in order to enhance the firm’s reputation.
- Provide marketing/business development assistance to Partner activities including developing a system for tracking and reporting marketing/BD activity, producing pitch materials and presentations, scheduling marketing calls, organizing breakfasts, maintaining mailing lists, etc.
- Enter billing information into the system, ensuring that the accounting department is aware of any invoicing issues, and dealing with clients on receivables.
- Assist other members of the Project Coordinator team whenever possible, including providing holiday coverage.
- Assist with training and mentoring new Project Coordinators and participating in orientation sessions for new hires at all levels of the organization.
- Successfully and positively communicate with others in the firm in order to promote team spirit and good working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must embrace Caldwell’s core values of service excellence, integrity, teamwork, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, and fun with the ability to demonstrate these values positively and proactively to clients, teammates, management and candidates in everyday performance and interactions.
Background and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience working with individuals at the senior management level.
- Prior industry experience in a client-driven business, such as executive recruiting, consulting, legal, accounting or other professional services environments.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative and providing more than basic administrative support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Style and Characteristics
- Professional presence and outgoing demeanor
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- Relationship builder, with internal colleagues and external clients
- Highly adaptable and flexible
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with short- and long-term deadlines and a demand for quick turnarounds
- Values accuracy and possesses a strong attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Independent and self-motivated; does not require constant direction
- Highly efficient, organized and able to prioritize