As a member of the management team, the Controller will have the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a global professional services firm by leading financial reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis. As a driven professional looking to operate within an autonomous, results-driven environment, you will continually improve processes and controls and make a lasting impact on how Caldwell continues to expand.
In this key role you will:
- Fully own the accounting and financial reporting function
- Lead and execute all monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and consolidated financial statements
- Work closely with external auditors and manage the completion of annual audit
- Develop, implement, document and maintain all internal accounting policies and procedures
- Continually strive to evaluate and seek ways to improve and streamline processes and controls
Skills and attributes for success:
- 7+ years’ accounting experience with a CPA or CA designation
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience, ideally within a professional services firm
- Has successfully managed and mentored a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; able to convey complex ideas succinctly
- Naturally curious with strong analytical skills and data-driven mindset
- Outside of the box thinking to improve processes and systems
- Values accuracy and possesses a strong attention to detail
- Highly adaptable and flexible with an ability to work within an autonomous, results-driven environment
WE BELIEVE TALENT TRANSFORMS
As a leading provider of executive talent, Caldwell Partners is an international boutique executive search firm ranked among the top 20 search firms globally. With offices across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, we offer our clients the substantial resources, vertical market expertise, and market presence of an international firm.
With a 50 year history, we have a sterling reputation built on successful searches for board directors, chief and senior executives, and selected functional experts. Caldwell Partners was recognized as the fastest growing search firm in the Americas according to 2012 and 2014 industry rankings. Still, our rapid growth has been managed carefully, ensuring that we have minimal blocking restrictions, that each assignment is tailored carefully and partner-led, and that the success of each assignment is singularly important to every employee at Caldwell Partners. We are an international boutique offering a large footprint with superb skills, experience, and service.
We founded and continue to promote prestigious award programs, including Canada’s Outstanding CEO of the Year™ and Canada’s Top 40 Under 40™.